Ballymun, Glasnevin and Finglas Ravens Rugby Football Club, formerly known as Unidare RFC, was founded in 1958 and is based in the Ballymun, Glasnevin and Finglas area.
The Club was founded as Unidare RFC out of the now defunct Unidare Works factory in Finglas. During the foundation years (1958-1977) the Club participated in the Business Houses Cup competition and took part in friendly matches during the rest of the season. The Club did not have their own grounds but, thanks to the generosity of Father Shields, were given the use of a playing field and dressing rooms in Blackrock College.
In 1977 the Junior Business Houses League was formed. At that time the Club was allocated grounds in Unidare Industrial Estate on Jamestown Road, Finglas. These grounds were developed further by the Club with the addition of dressing rooms and training lights. The Club did extremely well in the Junior Business Houses League, winning it for the first time in the 1980-1981 season. The Club continued to participate in this league throughout the 1980s.
In the 1990s the Club lost its playing fields when Unidare plc sold the land for development. During this time the Club was very graciously supported by Suttonians RFC and Malahide RFC who provided training and match facilities to the Club.
In 2005 -2010 the Club rented training and match facilities in Dublin City University in order to return to our catchment area and thus begin a new chapter in the Club’s history.
During the 2011-2012 season the club played on DCC pitches before moving to Mount Temple in 2013. The club was renamed to BGF Ravens in 2014.
The First Ravens Team 2014